The International Relations and Communications Office (IRCO), Srinakharinwirot University, promotes the external relations with international institutions and established partners. It also facilitates the development of the university to the internationalization of higher education. The main areas of the International relations' work are organized into 3 sections as follows:
1.The International Cooperation Section
This section is responsible for coordinating Srinakharinwirot University, Thai and overseas universitites/ institutions/ organizations, so as to facilitate scholarships for studying, training, studying visit, attending international seminars, doing research projects, exchanging lecturers, staff members and students. In addition, it is responsible for coordinating and allocating budget for academic cooperative negotiations, international conferences and funds for the University’s developing. This section is also responsible for finding and developing academic cooperation with universities/ institutions/ networks/ organizations in western countries, e.g. the United States of America, Canada, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, and eastern countries, e.g. China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, including Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), The British Council (BC), The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Education (ASIHL), The ASEAN European Academic University Network (ASEA UNINET), etc.
2. The International Protocol Section
In this section, IRD has responsibility to coordinate and work with Thailand-overseas universities/ institutions/ organizations, which covers signing ceremony of the academic cooperative agreements, welcoming guest visitors/ lecturers, being liaison officers, preparing for transportation, giving a reception in honor of the University, inviting administrators and related members to the ceremony. Besides, it provides passport and visa services for the University’s administrators and staff members visiting other countries as a group. This section is also responsible for official correspondence, producing prospectus, coordinating and organizing international conferences/ seminars/ activities/ special affairs regionally and internationally. It is also responsible for international databases; coordinating, collecting and classifying universities/ institutions/ organizations’ academic information.
3. The Special Projects Section
This section is responsible for proceeding international projects; cooperating with many organizations such as Thailand International Development Cooperation Agency (TICA), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Office of the Higher Education Commission (OHEC), Ministry of Education, University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP), organizing international conference, proceeding with temporary foreign lecturers, etc.
- Support the University Policy and Planning on international processes to promote the University in globalization.
- Cooperate and proceed for international linkage with foreign universities, academic institutes in the areas of training, grants, study visits, student, faculty and staff exchanges.
- Cooperate and support scholarships and funding resources from government and other organizations.
- Precede the University diplomatic and protocol procedures.
- Support and information on matters concerning the international projects and related published documents.
- Facilitate organizing international conferences and other activities related to international collaboration.